I must say that I like Polish people (which is a good thing given that I now live here) but they differ from Brits in a number of ways:
- They will insistently wait for a green man before crossing the road. What is that about? Maybe I lived in London for too long....
- They don't have much of a sense of queuing (although that probably applies to most Europeans and not just Poles).
- 99.9% of them are classic white-skinned typical Poles. I notice this more when I go back to the UK and see how many different ethnic minorities we have in the UK.
- They don't hold doors open for each other (or thank you if you do for them)
- They like drinking vodka from shot glasses, where as Brits generally mix vodka with juice or lemonade etc..
- They are polite in other ways such as giving up seats on public transport for elderly or pregnant woman. Something which I think has died out in London.